European research and consulting firm InSites Consulting has released a detailed report based on a global study of 2,800 internet users. The full report provides fascinating insights into social networking preferences and behaviors around the world, so we are embedding it above.
Some of our favorite stats:
- the biggest growth potential for social network membership is in Asia (slide 15)
- 12% of the online internet population are ex members of Facebook (slide 24)
- 35% have become members/fans of a brand (slide 50)
- Brazilians are the most connected, with an average of 360 friends – compared to a worldwide average of 195 (slide 55)
- 44% think that posts from brands about themselves are credible
- 13% have posted images of themselves that are “far from real” on at least one web site (slide 72)