TWTRCON SF 2010 will be a one-day total immersion in the case studies, the practical skills and the tools that companies need to stay at the cutting edge of the real-time web. We’ve added a lot of beefy content for the November 18 event (download a PDF of the full agenda here), but the heart and soul of TWTRCON have always been the case study presentations.
At TWTRCON SF 2010, we’re excited to have confirmed speakers from a broad range of brands. Some speakers may be familiar to you, like Ford Motor Company’s Scott Monty, but we also have stories from small businesses (The Roxy Theatre, Curry Up Now) and from companies less familiar to U.S. audiences, such as India’s Parle Agro. If you’re looking for a reason to register now, you don’t need to look much further than this lineup:
Case Studies from Leading Brands
Ford Motor Company | @ford | Scott Monty, Global Digital & Multimedia Communications Manager
- Created the Fiesta Movement campaign, which generated 6.5 million views on YouTube and more than 3.4 million impressions on Twitter.
- Actively monitors–and manages–real-time conversations.
- Has announced technology that lets cars read tweets.
H&R Block | @HRBLOCK | Robert Turtledove, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
- Has set up a dedicated “Get It Right” site for its tax advisors to answer questions, has enlisted 1,000 of its advisors in the effort and signed up 65,000 members and answered 50,000 questions, including one on the tax implications of winning a Twitter contest.
- Recently managed through a rogue employee Twitter misadventure, in spite of having clear social media guidelines in place.
Parle Agro | @hellomehippo | Sajan Raj Kurup, Founder and Creative Chairman, Creativeland Asia
- Established Hippo, a new snack food brand, in the $1.5 billion Indian market, using Twitter to crowdsource inventory tracking.
- Has received stock-related tweets from 25 cities across India. Sales jumped by 76% after the Twitter distribution strategy launched in February.
- Used an integrated campaign that included humorous radio and TV spots to establish a personality for the @HelloMeHippo account and its tongue-in-cheek mission to “Fight Hunger, Fight Evil.”
SAP | @sapcommnet | Mark Yolton, Senior Vice President, SAP
- SAP Community Network is one of the largest b2b social networks: over two million SAP customers, partners and SAP experts in more than 200 countries.
- It already draws one million unique visitors a month — and it is adding new social features that will deepen the engagement with this already vibrant network.
- SAP has 400 – 600 employees involved in managing and contributing to the Community.
Southwest Airlines | @southwestair | Linda Rutherford, Vice President of Communication and Strategic Outreach
- With over 1 million followers, the “LUV Airline” uses Twitter to post updates, responds to queries and complaints and for crisis management.
- The brand had a major PR challenge on its hands when Hollywood Director Kevin Smith waged a Twitter war earlier this year, claiming he’d been removed from a plane for being “too fat.”
- One of the first financial institutions to launch an active Twitter account.
- Uses social media for customer service, education and branding.
Small Business Case Studies
AspenSpin.com | @ASPENSPIN | Andrew M. Israel, Founder/Editor
- Uses Twitter to out-compete against established news outlets
- Tweets breaking news, the Aspen lifestyle and some original Aspen flavor.
Curry Up Now | @curryupnow | Akash Kapoor, Founder
Faasos | @faasos | Shrinath Navghane, Founder, SocialMedia2Go
- Created a Tweet-to-Order system for clients placing delivery orders with a fast-food restaurant
- Launched on 10/10/2010 and filled 15 Twitter orders in the first hour after its launch.
The Roxy Theatre | @THEROXY | Nic Adler, Owner, The Roxy Theatre
- The #1 venue on Twitter
- Has used social media to take an aging club from tired to wired, leading to more traffic, more ticket sales and awards.
- Organizing a Tweet Crawl this Oct. 22 (“Trick or Tweet!”)
St. Supéry Winery | @stsupery | Rick Bakas, Director of Social Media
Artists & Entertainers
Adventure Girl Stefanie Michaels | @adventuregirl