A recent Nielsen report indicates that the number of US consumers watching mobile video increased 40% year over year in Q3 and Q4 2010, bringing total US mobile video viewers to nearly 25 million by the end of 2010.
- Viewers 13 and up watched mobile video for an average of 4 hours, 20 minutes per month during the second half of 2010 (up from 3 hours, 21 minutes in 2009)
- More than half of mobile video viewers surveyed had been using the medium for less than one year
- 77% of those surveyed were watching more mobile TV and video now than a year earlier
- Viewers were 9 percentage points more likely to say they were weekly mobile video viewers (vs. last year)
- Viewers were 10 percentage points more likely to say they watch daily (vs. last year)
See the eMarketer article for more details.