The #RLTM Scoreboard: Social Network Stats for the Week
|Facebook:||over 800 million users||via Facebook|
|Twitter:||over 200 million users||via ReadWriteWeb|
|Renren:||over 170 million users||via iResearch iUser Tracker|
|Qzone:||480 million users||via Wikipedia|
|Sina Weibo:||over 250 million users||via Forbes|
|LinkedIn:||135 million members||via LinkedIn|
|Groupon:||115 million subscribers||via Reuters|
|Google Plus:||over 40 million users||via Google|
|Tumblr:||35 million blogs||via Tumblr|
|Foursquare:||14 million users||via Foursquare|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional updates, or a social network that you feel should be on the list.
Tumblr Grows 900% Globally
Social blogging is rapidly on the rise, and many bloggers are using Tumblr as their platform of choice. With over 35 million blogs to date, and over 13 billion posts, Tumblr has “eclipsed” competitor WordPress, as reported by Mashable. Globally, the site saw growth from 10 to 90 million monthly unique visits in the past year, and also saw 218% growth in the U.S. from June 2010 to June 2011.
Some Tumblr stats:
- 2% of users make up 43% of total visits to the site
- Tumblr supports 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Turkish and Russian
- the platform sees 38,000 posts per minute
- 42% of posts are photos
- users are fairly evenly distributed by gender, with 51% male and 49% female
- the majority of users are concentrated in the 18-34 year-old age group (36%) and among 35-49 year-olds (31%)
- 72% of Tumblr users are Caucasian, 12% Hispanic, 8% African American, and 6% Asian
Will Tumblr maintain its solid foothold in the social networking world, and when will its impressive growth rate begin to slow?