New data from comScore averages QR code use over a three month period ending in October 2011, and reveals that over 20 million mobile phone owners in the U.S. used their device to scan a QR code.
Where are mobile users scanning these codes?
- 59% – a significant majority – scanned a QR code from home
- 44% did so from a retail store
- nearly 27% % did so from a grocery store
- 21% scanned a QR code while at work
- 11% scanned a QR code outside or on public transportation
- almost 10% scanned a QR code while in a restaurant
QR codes seem to be here to stay – will marketers adjust campaigns based on where users are tapping into these codes?