The #RLTM Scoreboard: Social Networking Stats for the Week
|Facebook:||1 billion active users||via Facebook|
|Twitter:||over 500 million users||via Twopcharts|
|Qzone:||599 million monthly active users||via TechCrunch|
|Sina Weibo:||over 400 million users||via Yahoo|
|Renren:||over 170 million users||via iResearch iUser Tracker|
|VK:||over 190 million users||via VK|
|LinkedIn:||200 million active users||via LinkedIn
|Google Plus:||135 million monthly active users||via Google|
|Tumblr:||98 million blogs||via Tumblr|
|Instagram:||100 million users||via Instagram|
|Tagged:||20 million unique monthly users||via Tagged|
|Foursquare:||nearly 30 million users||via Adweek
|Pinterest:||over 25 million users||via AdWeek|
|Reddit:||55 million monthly unique visitors||via Reddit|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional updates, or a social network that you feel should be on the list.
Who’s Tweeting at #SXSW?
For a few days every year, the annual South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas becomes the epicenter of the social networking world. The tech- and social media-savvy come from all over to attend the interactive portion of the festival, and this year PeekAnalytics decided to take a closer look at this audience. Over the weekend of March 8-10th (at the height of the interactive portion), the social audience measurement tool ran a report to gain insight into those posting to the festival’s popular #SXSW hashtag on Twitter.
Here are some of the highlights:
- #SXSW was mentioned by 71,454 unique users, for a total of 109,169 shares
- the combined social reach of #SXSW tweets was 64.8 million
- the audience skewed heavily male; 62% of the tweeters were men
- #SXSW tweeters are fairly prosperous – 77% of those tweeting the tag earned at least $50k a year; 29% earned at least $100k
- the audience consisted of nearly 3X as many individuals working in media as the average Twitter audience, and nearly 2.5X as many working in music
- 43% of SXSW tweeters were identified as “medium-to-heavy” social media users
- #SXSW tweets overwhelmingly originated from the U.S. (78%); more tweets came from the festival’s site of Texas (20%) than anywhere else, and Austin was the top city with 11% of tweets
Were you tweeting about #SXSW (or just hoping it would all stop soon)?