Here’s your quick weekly summary of all the latest social media news, including changes and new features on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram:
- “Get More Likes”: Facebook Promoted Page Ads now available globally – Facebook’s Promoted Page ads, which debuted in the US in December, are now available globally (Marketing Land)
- Facebook to offer extra security — via your friends – Facebook will be rolling out “Trusted Contacts,” an extra authorization layer of security that allows users to select a few friends who can help verify a user’s identity, with personalized security PIN numbers (AllThingsD)
- Facebook Timeline makes its way to Windows phone, at least in beta – Microsoft said there is a test version of updated Facebook software for Windows Phone 8, which adds support for high-res photos, post sharing and Facebook Timeline (AllThingsD)
- Vine update adds support for front-facing cameras, mentions – Twitter updated video-sharing app Vine with two features: users can now easily switch between a front- and rear-facing camera, and can tag friends in photos using the @ symbol and username (AllThingsD)
- LinkedIn brings rich media to profiles – users can now add videos and photos to their profiles on LinkedIn, as well as presentations, comments and likes from other users (AllThingsD)
- Instagram now lets anyone tag you in photos, adds them to “Photos Of You” profile section – Instagram launched photo-tagging, so users can now tag any person or brand in their photos; photos a user is tagged in show up in the “Photos of You” section of their profile (TechCrunch)
Did we miss any updates? Let us know in the comments below.