Check out this week’s summary of all the latest social media news, including changes and new features for Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare and Snapchat:
- Twitter video ads now play with one click – Twitter’s one-click video (which was available to Amplify media partners back in March) is now open to advertisers and brands (AdWeek)
- 5 Ways to use Twitter’s new language targeting – last week Twitter announced language targeting, which allows advertisers to target Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts in 20 languages that their audiences understand (Simply Measured)
- Tumblr’s mobile apps finally get full-on customization tools – Tumblr released an update to its mobile app allowing users to edit blogs via mobile, as well as change colors, images or pretty much anything else users can change on desktop; choosing a color will even change how the interface looks on others’ devices (Engadget)
- Foursquare freezes Mayors ahead of Swarm launch – as of last Friday, Foursquare users can no longer oust mayors within the Foursquare app; mayorships are frozen in place as the company prepares to launch its new app Swarm (PC Mag)
- NowThis News is working with Snapchat on an ephemeral news service – mobile news startup NowThis News is working on a partnership with Snapchat, but “It’s not clear exactly what that deal may entail” (TechCrunch)
Any social media updates that we missed? Let us know in the comments below.