Tips To Build Social Presence and Influence
This is the world of social media. Presence decides purpose and influence decides power. It pays to be in the power circle and here’s how you can do it.
- Choose your social media. While most of us can only think of Facebook when it comes to social media, there are other pages as well. Depending on your preference, you can choose the right fit for you. Instagram is great for visual content, YouTube is fabulous for channels and videos, LinkedIn is the go to place for professional requirements, and Twitter gives your work immediacy without overwhelming the audience. So, know what you want and then choose your social media page.
- Create an engaging profile. A follower to your page is going to look at your profile before they visit the page. Make sure your profile is interesting and complete. Get a good profile picture, interesting videos and audio to go along with your profile. This is the first step to creating engagement with an audience.
- Do your homework. If you’re talking about brands, products and companies, do your homework and learn as much as you can about what you’re writing on. Your audience will thank you for it because they will see a sense of commitment and involvement in your work.
- Work on your content. Social influence depends on content and content is everywhere. The only way you can differentiate yourself from the others is to create good, cogent, interesting content. Edit your writing, choose only the best photographs and videos and update your information to stay current.
- Think about advertising. Facebook has well placed advertising. Seeing how there are millions of Facebook users, it is no surprise that close to 93% of social marketers use this influential social media platform. If you need to create brand recall for your product, consider placing an ad on Facebook. If you get Facebook, you get Instagram as well. Get as specific or as general as you want to spread the word.
- Continual information is key. One piece of great content is not going to cut it at all. You need to post consistently and with consistently good information. Considering the sheer amount of information social media users are bombarded with all the time, it’s important to stay on top of their minds and recall. The way to do it is to post engaging content and at periodic intervals.
- Don’t stop with followers alone. Influence and presence is not limited only to gathering followers. You need to keep them too. And one of the ways to do it is to engage with the audience. Don’t just post content and information. Talk about what you think, create conversations and post comments and suggestions. Make sure that your audience knows that you are involved in their purchase decisions.
- Don’t rest on your laurels. Followers are good, content is great, but being complacent is not going to help at all. Work on your craft, get better at it and give your audience something they feel is worth their time.
- Don’t be a jack of all trades. It is better to be a master of one rather than a jack of all trades. Master your craft and give solutions, advice and provide reviews. Once people out there know that there’s a professional with a mastery of their craft, then you will have people flocking over to your blog or group.
Once you’ve built a social presence with influence, you’ll be bombarded with messages from marketers and companies wanting you to market or review their products. There may be good and bad products, and you need not entertain everybody. To maintain your influence in the social space you need to be very methodical in your approach and only review a service or product which would be helpful to your followers in your niche.
Do not review everything, people can guess if it is an ad or a real review, so be very careful. If people find that you’re not being honest, you’ll not be left with any follower and your social media presence will vanish. Take care and be a good social media influencer.