New data released yesterday from SlideRocket shows that the growth of mobile presentations has “skyrocketed” in 2011 with a 640% increase. One of every ten presentations is now viewed via mobile device, with Apple products leading the pack as the device of choice.
- At 39%, iPhone has the highest number of total views for mobile presentations in Q1 2011
- The iPad follows closely at 37%
- While the Android is behind the pack at only 24%, it leads the pack with a 789% growth rate for presentation viewing in Q1 2011
According to SlideRocket’s survey, 90% of business professionals spend more time pitching outside the office – including meetings, tradeshows and social events – than inside the office. Of those professionals, 32% currently use a smartphone or tablet as their primary computing device, and the majority (57%) expect to use a smartphone or tablet as their primary computing device by 2012.
Presentations with audio and video received better viewing results:
- 98% of presentations with audio are viewed to the end
- Presentations with video are viewed nearly 20% longer than those without
The survey was conducted in April 2011 with 250 responses, and the data was collected from SlideRocket’s Presentation Index. See an infographic of Sliderocket’s findings here.