Check out the TechCrunch article on the latest Facebook stats. Some quick highlights:
- 140 million active users
- 70 percent outside the U.S.
- Only half are in college
- the fastest-growing demographic is 25 years and older
- 52,000 apps
- 660,000 developers
- Average user has 100 friends on the site
- 2.6 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day (worldwide)
- More than 13 million users update their statuses at least once each day
- People spend 33.9 billion minutes on Facebook (up 19 percent from September)
- People spend 18.5 billion on MySpace (down 2.5 percent)
There’s more, including facts on the enormous volume of content users are uploading, and comparisons to MySpace and Google.
Not convinced? SheSpeaks released a survey last week, covered by eMarketer, showing that
- 40% of women over 40 has a social network profile
- 70% of moms with kids 13 to 17 have talked about products on social networks
What are you waiting for???????