- Twitter is experimenting with a new way to retweet – Twitter is experimenting with a new “retweet with comment” feature, which would replace the current “quote tweet” option (TechCrunch)
- YouTube rolls out a bigger video player ahead of music subscription service launch – YouTube has rolled out an upgraded video player, which is “significantly larger” than before (TechCrunch)
- YouTube launches music show on Sirius XM – every Friday, YouTube’s new show on Sirius XM will highlight songs that are getting attention on the video service; the weekly showcase is called “The YouTube 15” (Rolling Stone)
- YouTube is upgrading to 60fps, adding a tip jar for donations and much more – YouTube announced several new features at VidCon, including: support for clips running at 48 and 60 frames per second, providing around 7,500 royalty-free sound effects and background music tracks, allowing foreign language users to submit their own translations, and more (Engadget)
- Foursquare to begin charging fees – Foursquare will begin charging some businesses for access to its database of restaurants, shops and venues as a way to monetize data gained from years of check-ins; Foursquare is looking to the heaviest users of its data to either pay fees or offer services in return (The Wall Street Journal)
Any social media updates that we missed? Let us know in the comments below.