Candytech, a Czech company that creates and measures Facebook marketing campaigns, has put together an infographic to show Facebook’s growth and population through 2010. The data is from Candytech’s statistics portal, SocialBakers, as reported via TechCrunch.
Here are some highlights:
- Facebook showed impressive growth in 2010, from 337 million to 585 million users
- That averages out to roughly 7.9 new users registering per second in 2010
- USA has the most users by far, with 147 million; Indonesia is 2nd with 32.1 million users; and the UK 3rd with 28.4 million users
- The top 10 countries make up 58.5% of all users
- The age group with the highest number of users is 18-24, with 187.7 million; followed by users 25-34, with 154.5 million
- The fastest growing age group is 65 and older (growth of 124% in 2010)
- 3 food brands (Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Oreo) make up the top 3 brands on Facebook*
- The top 10 brands on Facebook saw a combined gain of 115 million new fans
- The top public figures on Facebook in 2010: Michael Jackson, with 26.2 million fans; Lady Gaga, with 25.7 million fans; and Eminem, with 24.9 million fans
- Teen sensation Justin Bieber saw an increase of 1289% in 2010, bringing his fan total up to 17.7 million
Check out the full infographic at TechCrunch.
*This number does not include YouTube (labeled as a Product/Service on Facebook, not as a Company), which currently has 26.5 million fans.