BrightRoll just released the data from a survey of 100 ad agency executives and media buyers on their spending patterns and sentiments toward online video advertising. Six in ten ad agency executives believe online video ads are as effective (31%) or more effective (30%) than television ads.
Main findings from the report:
- 86% of ad execs are shifting at least part of their display dollars to video
- 64% of ad execs are shifting TV dollars to video
- Ad dollars are also shifting toward video from search (28%), social media (27%) and direct response (26%)
- Ad execs expect to see the largest increases in ad spending with online video (28%), followed by mobile video (27%) and social media (25%) in 2011
The survey also questioned ad execs about the targeting capabilities of online video, as reported by Marketing Profs :
- 41% list online video’s targeting capabilities as the medium’s greatest value, (up 9% from 32% in 2010)
- Other key benefits of online video include reach (23%), ad unit format (11%), price relative to TV (10%) and ability to reuse creative (10%)
- The most valuable forms of ad targeting include behavioral (28%), contextual (24%) and demographic (21%) targeting
About the data: BrightRoll conducted the survey among 100 executives and media buyers at advertising agencies across the US from March 23 to April 10, 2011. Read more about the third annual Online Video Advertising Report in the press release or download the full report here.