The #RLTM Scoreboard: Social Network Stats for the Week
|Facebook:||over 800 million users||via Facebook|
|Twitter:||over 200 million users||via ReadWriteWeb|
|Renren:||over 170 million users||via iResearch iUser Tracker|
|Qzone:||480 million users||via Wikipedia|
|Sina Weibo:||over 140 million users||via SINA Corporation|
|LinkedIn:||131 million members||via Mashable|
|Groupon:||115 million subscribers||via Reuters|
|Google Plus:||over 40 million users||via Google|
|Tumblr:||30 million blogs||via Tumblr|
|Foursquare:||14 million users||via Foursquare|
Please email email@example.com if you have additional updates, or a social network that you feel should be on the list.
LinkedIn Mobile Pageviews up 400%
On an earnings call this week, LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner offered some new stats on growth for the social network. Some of the most important updates were regarding mobile use, with mobile pageviews up 400% year-over-year, and mobile accounting for 13% of LinkedIn’s unique visits, as reported by Mashable.
- LinkedIn now has 131 million members
- The professional social network has more than 1 million groups
- 15 million people joined LinkedIn in the 3rd quarter of 2011, 63% higher than the growth rate at this time last year
- LinkedIn Share button is on 180,000 domains, up from 100,000 in 2nd quarter
- 40,000 developers are using LinkedIn APIs, up 30% from 2nd quarter
How will a shift toward mobile use affect LinkedIn members?