Why Should a Brand Include AI Voice into Their Audio Content Strategy?
The voice tech boom is here and is changing the content landscape. Brands that want to stay ahead need to leverage AI Text to Speech convertors to develop the perfect audio content strategy. Whether you are starting out with a content audio strategy or want to improve your existing strategy, you must consider AI voice. Voice assistant technology uses human, synthetic, and artificial intelligence voices. It allows brands to have a unique voice that represents them and helps them stand out.
The truth is that the voice you choose for representing your brand has a huge impact on the level of trust you can garner from customers. As you are likely to have already spent a lot of time trying to make your brand trustworthy and authentic, the next thing you need to focus on is developing a voice that people can interact with using Google Home, Amazon Echo, and other smart home devices. Text to speech readers have become incredibly popular in recent times.
When to Use a Synthetic Voice for Your Brand?
There is ongoing debate about whether to use professional voice talent or synthetic voice in content. Instead of using a real voice, you can use a realistic text to voice generator as it offers a ton of benefits. To know when to use an AI voice, you need to consider the Synthetic Voice Matrix. It places the state of the content (y-axis) and the recording duration (x-axis).
State of the Content (Y-Axis)
When it comes to the state of content, there are two different types. These include dynamic and static. Knowing the difference between the two will allow you to determine if an AI voice is practical or not. Dynamic voice content is content that adapts to different conditions. For instance, synthetic voice is used in airports. The reason for this is that it is simply impractical to employ voice talent for regular updates. It would be even more difficult to have a live announcer. In its essence, dynamic content covers real-time information that constantly changes like weather alerts, sports scores, and stock quotes. On the other hand, static voice content is content that does not change regardless of the context. It includes informational material like podcast interviews, radio commercials, and character voices in animated movies. Hence, voice actors are normally required in the case of content that informs. Similarly, entertaining content might also require a voice artist who is trained in narration and character development.
Duration of the Record (X-Axis)
When we think about voiceovers, we believe that they should last a minimum of 15 seconds for short videos. However, there are instances where the voice would be only heard for a few seconds such as an elevator floor announcement. For the X-axis, a voiceover would be required if the duration is under 60 seconds.
Pros and Cons of AI Voice Generator
As you might have gotten an idea about when you need to use an AI voice generator, it is important that you know everything it has to offer along with its limitations. It will help you make the final decision so that you can start using a text to speech reader.
Pros of AI Voice Generator
- Instant Creation: One of the major benefits of using an AI voice generator is that it allows for instant creation. All you have to do is type the words that you want to convert into an AI voice and click the button.
- Cost: Another great benefit of using an AI voice generator is that it is cost-effective. You do not have to spend a ton of money as you normally would to hire a voiceover artist. There are some tools that even allow you to get started for free.
- Control: With an AI voice generator, you can also expect greater control. It will ensure that you get to create an entirely unique voice which reflects the type of brand image you want to create. Thus, you get complete ownership of the voice and do not have to stress about any company using a similar voice.
Cons of AI Voice Generator
There are some limitations to the AI voice generator that you also need to know about as mentioned below.
- Lack of Soul: Although AI voice is finally catching up and can easily mimic inflection, pitch, delivery, pace, and tone of a normal human voice, it lacks a soul which might prevent your brand from forming a deep connection with customers.
- Unoriginal: With thousands of other brands using a relatively inexpensive speech synthesizer, the AI voice might seem unoriginal.
- Ethics: Using robotic voices might lead to some ethical issues as the world is still navigating the use of AI voices.
- Authenticity: The fact is that having a real person such as a well-known public figure or celebrity voice your brand allows your brand to leverage their lifestyle to reflect what your brand stands for. Thus, you can take advantage of the perceived public lifestyle of the person and associate their traits with your brand.
AI Voice Generators Powered by Voice Actors
When creating your audio content strategy, you should consider the research put in by the AI voice generator to create voiceovers. Think about whether the tool offers deep and authoritative, approachable, and fun and exciting voice actors to help provide versatility.
What To Expect from Brand Voice in The Future?
As more and more companies use a text to speech reader for creating voice content, you simply cannot afford to overlook the use of an AI voice generator. If you are building a new audio content strategy or making changes to it, here are some things that you need to consider.
- Create an official sound mark for the brand which you can use with different audio mediums.
- Audio content for your website.
- Google Actions and Alexa Skills are just as important as people are using home voice-assistant devices more than ever before.
- Branded podcasts have also become a thing.