Last Updated: July 6, 2011.
People are posting some great stories and coverage of the June 6 #RLTM Realtime NY Conference. We are collecting them in this blog post as we find them, and will keep updating this post as we find more.
Summaries and General Observations from #RLTM NY:
- Realtime NY 11 Live Blog: Part 1 of 4, Part 2 of 4, Part 3 of 4, Part 4 of 4 — wall-to-wall live coverage of #RLTM NY by Kevin Haughwout, who recaps almost all of the day’s sessions and a few of the workshops. Posted June 6, 2011.
- Realtime Marketing The Next New Thing – by Stephanie Grayson for Yahoo! Scene, posted June 7, 2011. Stephanie recaps the day at #RLTM NY, with highlights on the geolocation , listening and influence panels, and mentions of the McDonalds and Delta case studies.
- #RLTM Roundup: The Tools Big Brands Need To Get Real – posted June 8 by Amanda McCormick for SocialFlow recaps highlights from several sessions, including the PepsiCo case study, BravoTV and McDonald’s.
- Industry Conferences: An Observation – The NHL’s Michael DiLorenzo wonders about whether #RLTM attendees were too busy tweeting, blogging and checking in to really hear the main point of his presentation. Posted on From the Blue Seats on June 9.
- Innovative Marketers Assume New Roles – Anna Maria Virzi summarizes key trends about how marketers roles are changing inspired by comments from #RLTM NY and other Internet Week speakers. Published in ClickZ on June 10, 2011.
- It’s Time To Offer Customer Support in Realtime (and more of what we learned at #RLTM) – Tiffany Maleshefski summarizes learnings from #RLTM about communicating with customers in realtime to help resolve issues. Posted on Zengage (the Zendesk blog), June 10, 2011.
- Realtime Report – impressions and insights by Ajit Jaokar for Open Gardens, posted June 11, 2011.
Keynote, Workshops and Tools:
- Curating_Content_On_Twitter_For_Thought_Leadership by Maria Perez for ProfNet, posted June 7, 2011. Maria recaps Angela Dunn’s #RLTM NY workshop session.
- Why E-Mail Is Still a Marketer’s Best Friend by Doris Nhan for Smart Brief on Social Media, posted June 7, 2011. Doris captures Jesse Engle’s advice on how to integrate email into your social marketing efforts.
- Twitter for Business (and More) from Realtime NY 11 by Neil Glassman for Social Times, posted June 7, recaps highlights from the day, with detail on Laura Fitton’s keynote, the CSR panel, nuggets from speakers throughout the day.
- Twitter_for_Business by Maria Perez for ProfNet, posted June 8, 2011, is a detailed recap of Laura Fitton’s #RLTM NY keynote.
- In the Realtime Toolbox: What’s Next? is a oneforty.com toolkit created by Laura Fitton. It includes all of the tools mentioned in her panel discussion at #RLTM NY.
- How To Manage Twitter As A Solopreneur by Maria Perez for ProfNet, posted June 15, is a summary of Ginny Cooper’s #RLTM NY workshop.
- How To Network Effectively Using Real-Time Tools by Maria Perez for ProfNet, posted June 16, is a summary of Perri Gorman’s #RLTM NY workshop.
- Bravo Conquers Social TV posted by Laura Gesin on her blog June 9, 2011 is a summary of the Bravo TV case study presented at #RLTM NY by Lisa Hsia and Mark Ghuneim.
- Eventbrite & Facebook: Perfect Together posted by Laura Gesin on her blog June 8, 2011 recaps the Eventbrite case study presented at #RLTM NY by Tamara Mendelsohn.
- How Delta Connected the Dots Between Social Media and Customer Service by Doris Nhan for Smart Brief on Social Media, posted June 13, 2011, recaps Allison Ausband’s #RLTM NY case study.
- Internet Week 2011: How McDonald’s Used #Winning To Kill A Lobster Roll by Ryan Derouseeau for Tech Affect, posted June 7, recaps Rick Wion’s #RLTM NY case study.
- McDonald’s Wins Twitter Followers With “McWinning” posted by Tim Parry for Chief Marketer on June 8, another great recap of Rick Wion’s #RLTM NY session.
- To Reply, or Not To Reply: How Should the NHL Respond to Discipline via Twitter? by Kat Hasenauer for SportsGirlKat.com, posted June 7, 2011. Kat reviews Michael DiLorenzo’s session from #RLTM NY, and the challenges of handling controversial topics about your brand on Twitter.
- Online outreach helps a cafe make new fans and keep the old, posted by Doris Nhan for SmartBlog on Social Media on July 1, 2011. The story summarizes the Nuyorican Poets Cafe case study from #RLTM NY.
- Pepsico Exec Suggests 50% of Marketing Budget Be Spent On Social Media posted June 9 by Ginny Cooper on The Cooper Group Blog highlights key advice from PepsiCo’s Shiv Singh’s #RLTM NY session.
- Real-time Marketing is Now by Ginger Conlon for 1to1 Media, posted June 7, highlights key take-aways from the #RLTM NY PepsiCo case study.
- Pepsico and Social Media and McDonald’s Twitter Strategy by Matt O’Shea for Public Social, posted June 7, recaps two #RLTM NY case studies.
- The Conversation With Cathy Brooks Episode #21, recorded on June 7, 2011. Cathy Brooks continues the conversation about CSR and Social Media that she began in the panel she moderated at #RLTM NY with Fenton’s Susan McPherson. The CSR discussion begins at approximately 34:30 minutes.
- Listen Up! Turning Conversations Into Business Opportunities by Maria Perez for ProfNet, posted June 9, 2011, recaps the #RLTM NY Listening Panel panel with Gatorade’s Randall Brown, Kellogg’s Jeff Cole, Citibank’s Frank Eliason, PR Newswire’s Victoria Harres, and moderator Stephen Rappaport of the Advertising Research Foundation.
- Wrapping Your Organization Around Social Media: Mitch Wagner recaps the #RLTM NY Listening Panel for The CMO Site. Posted June 14, 2011.
- Right Time, Right Place:_Getting Customers to Check In by Maria Perez for ProfNet, posted June 14, 2011, recaps the #RLTM NY Geolocation Panel with Foursquare’s Siobhan Quinn, The Corcoran Group’s Mathew Schadboldt, RadioShack’s Adrian Parker and moderator Mike Schneider.